The training of persons at different levels of education is of key importance to IKP and includes training in clinical pharmacology, training of undergraduate and doctoral students, internships for Master and PhD students, and vocational orientation internships for high school students.
In order to ensure and improve the quality of PhD/MD training in particular, structured graduate training at IKP already started in 2009 as part of an IKP PhD/MD curriculum for doctoral candidates. This curriculum complements the scientific-experimental training of the PhD/MD students in the individual research groups. In addition, all doctoral students present their results at regular intervals in a PhD/MD student seminar. Furthermore, the following activities are established at the IKP, which support the qualified doctoral training:
- Regular presentation of own data in research group internal meetings (weekly or bi-weekly)
- Continuing education in methods and experimental strategies by core facility representatives
- Attendance of lectures by external speakers from nationally/internationally leading institutions or from collaborating partners
- At least once a year participation in a national/international congress of own choice (prerequisite: presentation of own data)
- Participation in subject-specific workshops, e.g. PK-PD workshops